Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic's Reviews > Hot Asset

Hot Asset by Lauren Layne

bookshelves: adult, arc

Thank you Montlake Romance for providing an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Hot Asset is an enemies to lovers romance story and the first book in the 21 Wall Street trilogy. It's about Ian Bradley, a financial director/investment broker at Wolf Investments and Lara McKenzie, a SEC investigator.

Ian Bradley is an intelligent, driven, passionate and hardworking guy. Growing up in a poor household and being a foster kid, he's motivated to have a better life. He started from the bottom of the chain and at early thirties, he earned his status as a self-made billionaire. You've got to respect the guy for that. As for relationships, he's a well-known playboy and he never takes relationship seriously. That's about to change when he's accused of insider tipping and he meets the SEC investigator assigned on his case.

Lara McKenzie is a gorgeous, smart and sassy woman who aspires to become an FBI agent like her parents.Working as a SEC investigator is her gateway to have her dream job without nepotism. Her assignment on Ian's case is a huge deal and she's determined to gather evidence against him. She's different from all the woman he's dated. She's immune to his cockiness, arrogance and charm.

Our protagonists hated each other in the beginning and they exchanged quick-witted banters which brought a lot of tension. I love Ian and Lara challenged each other in every aspect. Both characters are strong-willed, independent and dedicated with their respective jobs. I love the chemistry and sexual tension between them. It's sizzling and you can't help devouring it. It's that romantic.

Lauren Layne's writing style is remarkably engaging. The supporting characters stood out as well and I'm thrilled they'll have their respective books. I can't wait to read Hard Sell;Matt and Sabrina's story. I'm sure it'll ooze with sexual tension and Huge Deal; Kennedy and Kate's story. Omg these two just need to be a couple! <3 <3 <3 I'm giving Ian and Lara's story 4 solid stars because I had fun reading it. If you love enemies to lovers trope, I recommend this book.

2nd entry for #Smutathon: Enemies to Lovers

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Asset.

July 8, 2018 – Started Reading
July 8, 2018 – Shelved
July 8, 2018 – Shelved as: adult
July 8, 2018 – Shelved as: arc
July 10, 2018 –
8.0% "The banters LMAOOOOO :P"
July 11, 2018 –
July 12, 2018 –
July 12, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• So well said!!! Glad you enjoyed!! xx

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• wrote: "So well said!!! Glad you enjoyed!! xx"

Thank you, Jenny! <3 <3 <3

message 3: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review!!!