Brian Eshleman's Reviews > The Hidden Brain: How Our Unconscious Minds Elect Presidents, Control Markets, Wage Wars, and Save Our Lives

The Hidden Brain by Shankar Vedantam
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hidden Brain.

Quotes Brian Liked

“Author compares the impact of biases to his experience as an average swimmer who overcame a considerable fear of water. While the swimming was easy in one particular experience, he was internally congratulating himself on his acquired skill. But when he realized he was swimming with a current he would now have to fight against, he realized just how definite his limits were.”
Shankar Vedantam, The Hidden Brain: How Our Unconscious Minds Elect Presidents, Control Markets, Wage Wars, and Save Our Lives

10/20 marked as: read
10/07 marked as: currently-reading
10/07 page 0
0.0% "“Fighting (addiction) is largely about becoming aware of triggers and consciously setting up mechanisms to guard against them.“"
10/07
30.0% "Much of our professional lives is not about the excellence of our work, but the creation and maintenance of social bonds."
10/08
99.0% "Citing better safety rates for airplane passengers versus car drivers, the author says, “It is easy to confuse being in control with safety.“"
10/08 marked as: read