Janene's Reviews > Press on: Messages on Faith, Hope, and Charity

Press on by Joseph B. Wirthlin

Dec 09, 2011

bookshelves: read-more-than-once, sunday-reads
Read from December 09, 2011 to February 23, 2012

Such a great collection of talks! These are words of counsel that lift and encourage, and it is glimpses into the life of a great man, one who spent so MANY of his days serving and teaching others.

My favorites ... that I will re-read down the road, I'm sure.

The Abundant Life **

"We may not be gifted artists, sculptors, or musicians, but the greatest art of all is the art of living. We can take the clay of time and create from it a masterpiece of an abundant life. Love the Lord with all your heart, might, mind and strength. Enlist in great and noble causes. Create of your homes sanctuaries of holiness and strength. Magnify your callings in the Church. Fill your minds with learning. Strengthen your testimonies. Reach out to others. Create of your life a masterpiece." (49)

Living Water to Quench Spiritual Thirst

Shall He Find Faith on the Earth?

Press On

One Step after Another **

"An old proverb states that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Sometimes we make the process more complicated than we need to. We will never make a journey of a thousand miles by fretting about how long it will take or how hard it will be. We make the journey by taking each day step by step and then repeating it again and again until we reach our destination." (113)

Growing into the Priesthood **

The Virtue of Kindness **

Band of Brothers **

Live in Thanksgiving Daily

"Those who live in thankgiving daily often are among the world's happiest people. And they make others happy as well." (220)

Earthly Debts, Heavenly Debts

Sunday Will Come **

"Each of us will have our own Fridays -- those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards or our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our fridays." But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death -- Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come. No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, Sunday will come. In this life of the next, Sunday will come." (286)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Press on.