Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle's Reviews > Unbreak My Heart

Unbreak My Heart by Lauren Blakely

Available Now - Full Review

5 Cherry Blossom CROWNS

Unbreak My Heart by Lauren Blakely is not the typical romance we have come to expect. It is an introspective examination of grief and digging out of the sadness that weighs a person down.

This book is so much more than a romance. It looks at how a soul heals, how we get better emotionally and mentally, even when our bodies can’t or won’t . It is about a journey to live a life worth having, to grab everything it has to offer. At the end of it, I felt the need to do all things I ever wanted to do in my life, accomplish all my goals, to live my best life now.

Although this isn’t the standard rom-com we have come to love from Lauren Blakely, it still has characters and a city to adore and the steamy scenes we expect from Ms. Blakely. The more serious tone of the novel creates more serious themes, but they are ideas worthy of exploration and they will inspire readers.

Readers are going to be enamored with the emotional journey Lauren Blakely takes them on with Andrew and Holland. It will hurt and be painful, but there is healing at the end. There is purpose in the hurt. It is truly a ride worth taking.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbreak My Heart.

July 8, 2018 – Started Reading