Book of Secrets's Reviews > Where the Crawdads Sing

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

Here we have it, my favorite book of 2018! I think this one will be hard to top. Amazing!!

A swamp and a marsh are very different environments. A marsh is a thriving and nurturing place, and it's there, along the North Carolina coast, that Kya lived and survived after being abandoned by her family as a young girl. Kya spent her days alone, observing the surrounding natural world, and it served her well.

Though she loved her marsh dearly, sometimes the loneliness was too much, especially as she grew into a young women. But after being abandoned by everyone she loved and shunned by the locals, who could she trust with her heart?

I don't want to ramble on too much about the plot. This stirring, character-driven novel is part coming of age story, part mystery, and part love story — between Kya and two young men who she allows in her hidden world, but most of all, between Kya and her treasured marsh.

WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING is a gorgeously written and haunting novel with an unforgettable heroine, the Marsh Girl. What a bittersweet ending!! Tears, tears, tears. Just lovely.

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book through Penguin's First to Read Program in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Crawdads Sing.

July 8, 2018 – Shelved
Started Reading
July 29, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 03, 2018 08:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jonetta Love your review, Diana!

Angela M Terrific review! This will be one of my favorites of the year for sure !

Book of Secrets Thank you! ♥

Diane S ☔ One of mine too, Awesome review.

Karen Wonderful review!

message 6: by Deanna (new)

Deanna I'm glad you loved it! Great review!

Bernadette Wonderful! Your review has made me want to read this soon :-)

message 8: by JanB (last edited Aug 05, 2018 07:32AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

JanB This is the second fantastic review I've read this week. It's in the tbr and I just downloaded from EW!

message 9: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Lovely review!