Emily (Books with Emily Fox)'s Reviews > P.S. I Still Love You

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

it was ok

What a pointless book.

Ok I'm being extra harsh here but this, folks, is what happens when an author stretches a story for no reason. This should have been a standalone. Who knows what I would think after reading the last book. I'm not sure I will.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read P.S. I Still Love You.

July 8, 2018 – Shelved
July 10, 2018 – Started Reading
July 10, 2018 –
page 127
37.69% "Not really feeling it so far. I don't mind reading about the family but there's literally no real plot :/"
July 11, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Schminda (new)

Schminda I heard that the last book is supposed to be much better. Even the best out of the three. Can't vouch for that though.

message 2: by Ana (new)

Ana I hate when authors stretch out stories, and unfortunately it seems to be popular nowadays.

Kayla It does seem rather unnecessary to stretch out a story that was perfectly fine as a standalone. If anything the author could have just added maybe a few more chapters to the first book and called it a day. However, I did read all three and did find them to be enjoyable but thats just my opinion. I did at time think that it was too much and could have been left at one book, but I think finishing the series is worth a shot to just get closure on the characters.

palina The third book definitely ties everything up including a not love triangle romance and I know a lot of people found it to be their favourite but I honestly didn't like it and wish that wasn't the end to the series? It ties everything up but kind of gives off the wrong message in my opinion

Brittnie Trust me that's how I felt when I read the second book but you will love the last book and it wraps the story up perfectly

Susie Wang When you think of it like that, it's kind of pointless. But it was still so entertaining! Everytime I open up the e-book of any of the three books, I just had to reread the whole series again. I also low key really enjoyed the game part in the second one. I wished I had a chance to play an old game with all my childhood friends, too.

Marsha Zakia That's what I thought when I finished read the first book!! This should be a stand alone! But I'm curious about where the story goes in second book, if the second book is "that bad" I'm going to ditch the last book.

Mina I love this second book. I agree that the actual story is all pretty flat--another love triangle??-- but I loved the way it dug deeper into Lara Jean's feelings about sex and how complicated sex is for teen girls in America, no matter what choices they make. I felt like it was a strong book for its themes and character development, but I agree that the plot is kind of meh. The plot is basically just a skeleton for that other stuff to hang on, and it's not a particularly great skeleton. This is the book from the trilogy that ended up sticking with me the most, actually.

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I read the first book and thought it concluded everything well. I did not have any interest to read the next books.

Christine Aeschbacher Don’t read the last book. It’s the most worthless book.

Vanessa Currenrly reading the 3rd book and disliking it so much :(

♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name) I worried that this couldn’t handle being a series. I always thought it a bit odd for a contemporary romance to be a trilogy.

Angelina Camacho omg, don't read the last one then

Cesiah the frist one was the best. i agree with you. but i still like the series.

Katie Scarlett O Hara The last one is the worst and I completely agree this should have been a standalone.

FortressOfBookitude I haven't read "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" but Jenny Han did the same thing with the "The Summer I Turned Pretty" trilogy. A really good first book followed by two more that were racked to death...

Diana I agree, loved the first book, but didn't see the point in the second however I still enjoyed it. Not enough to read the third though, I would like to see what happens in the end but I'm not going out of my way to find out ya know? If I see it at my library I might pick it up but yeah, I would have preferred it to have been a stand alone x

Mavis Ros Thank God I'm not alone on this review