LEAH⇢'s Reviews > Crossed

Crossed by Eliza Crewe

4.7 Out Of 5 "Meda Rules" STARS

A completely spoiler free review for all three books in the series.  I have a couple of questions for Eliza Crewe

• The first one…was your proofreader so into this story, that they ended up missing a ton of typos because there were so many?  They kept taking me out of the story…so annoying.  Ugh.  I don't remember the first two books being this badly in need of proofreading.  Anyway, other than getting a tad preachy, this is my only complaint about this book.

• The second question…how come you've never written anything else besides this series???

This series despite those typos is exceptional.  It's not only darkly imaginative, it also has one of the best heroines ever.  Meda's so unapologetically snarky, and she does so without making my eye's roll…which I've found, lately, can be difficult to do.  The rest of the characters round out this ensemble quite nicely.  And the interesting dynamics going on this edition of The Soul Eaters Series made this to be a splendid finale.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)~ 4/5
Backdrop (World Building)~ 4.8/5
Originality~ 5/5
Ending~ 4.8/5 Cliffhanger~ Nope.
Book Cover~ It's not quite as awesome as the first two covers in this series…but it'll do.
Series~ Soul Eaters #3 Overall Rating for the series☆ 5☆ Stars because it's so worthwhile.
Setting~ Maine and Hell
Source~ I own Kindle eBook

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.

July 7, 2018 – Started Reading