Luffy's Reviews > The Light Between Oceans

The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman

liked it

This book is very good but I'm giving it 3 stars because I'm being severe with the story and not get carried away by emotion. It is a 'rocambolesque' (topsy turvy) tale, narrated by the all knowing author.

See, I can't decide whether the drama in the book has crossed the line and become melodrama. I know that there are worse books out there, and that many classics are not as good as this book.

Despite that, I need an honest view of the book. I need to look at this rating in 4-5 years and say I rated with justice.

The story is about Tom and Isabel Sherbourne who cannot have a child and adopt one baby that had washed up in a boat near their house. It's not an original story. But it's worth reading. Even I don't regret reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Light Between Oceans.

July 7, 2018 – Started Reading
July 7, 2018 – Shelved
July 10, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Nice n honest review, Luffy! :)

Luffy Diane wrote: "Nice n honest review, Luffy! :)"

Thank you, Diane!

Phrynne I rated it the same as you Luffy:)

Luffy Phrynne wrote: "I rated it the same as you Luffy:)"

Lovely! If only I could like J.D. Robb as much as you...

Marialyce This book made me cry big ugly tears....

Luffy Marialyce wrote: "This book made me cry big ugly tears...."

That's good I suppose. You found a book that made you react strongly. But I didn't cry.

Angela M I loved this one , Luffy , but appreciate your perspective.

Luffy Angela M wrote: "I loved this one , Luffy , but appreciate your perspective."

Thanks, Angela. You have always been a classy lady.

Amber I read this one and enjoyed it too.

message 10: by Luvtoread (new)

Luvtoread Very nice and fair review, Luffy! Have you seen the movie? It has received some very good reviews. Your review has piqued my interest in reading this book. Thank you!!😊

Luffy Luvtoread wrote: "Very nice and fair review, Luffy! Have you seen the movie? It has received some very good reviews. Your review has piqued my interest in reading this book. Thank you!!😊"

Thank you, Luvtoread! I usually avoid movies, but now my curiosity has been piqued.

Luffy Amber wrote: "I read this one and enjoyed it too."

I envy your way of looking at books, Amber. I would love to give most of my reads 4 or 5 stars.

Amber Thanks Luffy. Books I love I give 5 stars. I rarely give out 4 stars to books unless there is something that ruined it for me even though it had a good storyline that Bound did. I don't review anything under those two cuz I feel that if I don't love the book I'm not going to review it. Same with books I don't finish. I only review books I finish and enjoy.

Luffy Amber wrote: "Thanks Luffy. Books I love I give 5 stars. I rarely give out 4 stars to books unless there is something that ruined it for me even though it had a good storyline that Bound did. I don't review anyt..."

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

Amber No problem Luffy. ^_^

message 16: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review!!

Sharon Good and honest review, Luffy. I loved this one and I did get carried away with emotion 😥

Perri I rated it the same, but I rate your review higher :)

Luffy Deanna wrote: "Great review!!"

Thanks, Deanna!

Luffy Sharon wrote: "Good and honest review, Luffy. I loved this one and I did get carried away with emotion 😥"

Thank you, Sharon! It's okay to get carried away, unless it's literally so!

Luffy Perri wrote: "I rated it the same, but I rate your review higher :)"

Oh, thanks for saying that Perri! I liked your review as well. Now we're on par.