Susan Finch's Reviews > The Prayer Coin: Daring to Pray with Honest Abandon

The Prayer Coin by Elisa Morgan

I’ve read quite a few books on prayer, and this one is now one of my favorites on the subject. Elisa’s book is a new and refreshing take on prayer, while pulling from a centuries old prayer that come straight from Jesus. She explains in detail how we can have a vibrant and intimate prayer life with God, using both examples and promises from the Bible, as well as examples from her own life and those of her friends.

The focus of this book is definitely Jesus, and how we can learn to pray with both the honesty and abandon that he prayed just before his death (and later resurrection) in the Garden of Gethsemane. For me, this is a great example to use in both those extremely hard times in life, and the other relatively easy ones. It has really challenged me to slow down and think through those prayer requests that I make to God, in a way that creates conversation. Elisa shows how God wants us to bring it all to Him and experience the closeness with God that Jesus made possible for us.

I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in prayer or wanting to focus on strengthening/transforming their prayer life. I think this book would be a great read for those who consider themselves new to prayer, as well as for those who have experienced years of praying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prayer Coin.

July 6, 2018 – Started Reading