Geoff's Reviews > You Are Not Alone: A Heartfelt Guide to Grief, Healing, and Hope

You Are Not Alone by Debbie Augenthaler

My Recommendation: This is an incredible resource for anyone grieving. It may be too much if the grief is fresh because of Augenthaler’s incredibly vivid writing and experience. I found her advice to be useful and thought-provoking and I’m sure I’ll revisit this again at some point in the future.

My Response: When the publicist reached out to me about this book I said yes.* I didn’t know if I wanted to say yes, because my mother had passed only weeks before, but I knew at some point I would want/need to read this.

In many ways, I wish I would’ve read it sooner or at the very least before I read Grief Works . What I was looking for in Grief Works, an in-depth “this was my experience of grief” story and this is how I survived, struggled, thrived, etc.

I teared up a few times reading this one, not so much because of my experience (although that did happen at least once), but because of how heartfelt and how beautifully written Augenthaler’s work is. She goes in-depth into what feel like the four stages of grief and even talks about them at some point, but on the whole she stays pretty far away from psychotherapy babble and writes about her personal experience.

Click here to continue reading on my blog The Oddness of Moving Things.

* I received a copy of You Are Not Alone from the publicist in return for my honest opinion. No goods or money were exchanged.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Are Not Alone.

July 6, 2018 – Started Reading