Nic's Reviews > Sink or Swim

Sink or Swim by L.A. Witt

liked it
Read 2 times. Last read July 4, 2018 to July 5, 2018.

Reviewed for Netgalley

This is my second favorite read in this series by Witt. I enjoyed the freshness of the characters and the unusual obstacles they faced between their closeted pasts and their religions. When I first read the blurb, I wasn’t sure a romance between a two religious men could really hold my attention, but Witt’s Chaplain was un-chaplainlike enough to remain interesting, and Alhazar was a well written character with a very unusual family dynamic. I found that I especially enjoyed the chapters written from his point of view.

I did think that Dylan’s family was a back-burner, rather unnecessary plot. His kids got so little ink that their only point seemed to be to give Dylan one more way to relate to Alhazar. Whereas Alhazar’s children and ex-wife gave him depth and had a rather sad but necessary reason for existing, Dylan’s seemed to fall far short of that and didn’t add enough to the story to make a difference.

Though Witt’s usual style of repetition was still present, it was nowhere near as prominent as it has been in passed books, which made Sink or Swim a much more enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sink or Swim.

Finished Reading