Sebastian Gebski's Reviews > Kubernetes in Action

Kubernetes in Action by Marko Luksa

I can't really believe I'm really writing these words right now ... but this is currently the best (by far) book on Kubernetes & its ecosystem. It's even better than famous Kelsey's "Kubernetes. Up & Running."

It starts with the basics, but progresses very quickly. Some of the advanced concepts were significantly beyond what I've expected (e.g. extending K8s). The chapter on internals was VERY interesting, so was the best description of ConfigMaps I've ever found. Quality stuff. Chapters on stateful resources (volumes, StatefulSets) were also far beyond what I've read until now (well, it's still possible that it's just my understanding that gets better, but I have a feeling it's not only that).

Any disappointments? Maybe one, slight one - best practices section feels too brief & in fact it didn't surprise me with anything I lacked due to my limited practical experience with K8s. Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that the book is awesome - it's demanding, it doesn't make much sense to read it "dry" (w/o access to console), but it's definitely the best resource on K8s I know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kubernetes in Action.

July 6, 2018 – Started Reading
July 6, 2018 – Shelved
July 27, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Michal (new) - added it

Michal Franc Thanks for this recommendation Sebastian. Your 5 stars means that it has to be good :)

Sebastian Gebski Michal wrote: "Thanks for this recommendation Sebastian. Your 5 stars means that it has to be good :)"

Always glad to help :) I've recommended this book to someone I consider a K8s expert (much more proficient than I am) - I'm really curious whether he'll like it as much as I did.

Pradeep Very underrated book