Lou's Reviews > Scars

Scars by Laura Rossi

bookshelves: favorites

Firstly, let me start by saying wow!!

This is the sequel to Skins; which not only did I rate 5 stars but also was one of my top reads of 2018 so far; I did not expect Scars to rival that position, but it does.

I'm going to try so hard to write this review without giving anything away.

Scars is written in 3 different POV’s; Andrea, Sebastian and Alejandro; it's perfectly clear who's POV you're reading and when. The 3-person POV works extremely well in the book as it allows us into the mind of each character. It allows us to understand the thoughts and feelings of each of them. Scars gives us an insight into the mind of an obsessive monster; Alejandro, as well as the intelligent and protective minds of Andrea and Sebastian.

These characters have grown and developed so much they are so intense and complex, just when you think you know them they show yet another side or layer. With each of these new layers, I found myself loving or hating them more.

The emotion in this book is palpable, and it's not just the emotion from the characters but the emotion that Laura Rossi has put into her writing. More than once I found I was either holding my breath or my heart was pounding, I also found myself extremely close to tears.

Laura Rossi's writing style is incredibly clear and shows her natural talent for writing a darker more twisted story, although I haven't yet read her other work. The way Laura Rossi switches from one POV to the other seems effortless and seamless. The characters had already worked their way under my skin after reading Skins, now they are firmly in my heart.

Overall this book is amazing, however, you MUST read Skins first!!

If you want an intricately woven web of intense, gripping, gut-wrenching, breathtaking suspense, with action and an epic tale of love then this is the book; well 2 books for you!

Well done Laura Rossi!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scars.

July 6, 2018 – Shelved