Hamad's Reviews > Muse of Nightmares

Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor

bookshelves: 2018-reads, e-books, good-covers

This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

“Once upon a time there was a silence that dreamed of becoming a song, and then I found you, and now everything is music.”

🌟 I feel that the above quote describes my feelings toward this book, after so many disappointments this year, this book comes to change everything to music.

🌟 There are good writers who has good writing styles but are not very good plotters (I have a certain author I like in mind). There are those who are great plotters with average writing and then there is Laini Taylor! Excellent writing and great plotting!!!

🌟 I literally can’t find the right words to review this, I find it usually easy to review books in general. Obviously, this had great writing, a great story, great characters great everything.

🌟 I find it weird when someone asks me to describe Laini’s books, DOSAB has teeth, a thurible, angels, monsters and magic. This duology has blue gods, a scholar, a forgotten city and parallel universes. Which reminds me of Laini’s world building, I feel her books are high on the fantasy school in terms of names and descriptions and characters. That makes them very unique and stand out among the thousands of books released every year.

🌟 I also have a very soft spot for any book that has “A once upon a time” sentence and Laini is the queen when it comes to using this kind of openings.

🌟 DOSAB is still my favorite book by the author and I was checking the quotes from that book and I was speechless!

🌟 Summary: Once upon a time, a guy finished a book but the book finished him first.
Once upon a time, a reader found a perfect book, his life was never the same again.
Once upon a time, a book that is anticipated did not disappoint. I ended up giving it 4.5 out of 5 stars. I still think that some minor details which are not worth mentioning bothered me a bit.

Prescription: For those who believe magic is real!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Muse of Nightmares.

July 6, 2018 – Shelved
October 2, 2018 – Started Reading
October 5, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Manal (new) - added it

Manal I think you spelled, 'the entire book community' wrong

Hamad Manal wrote: "I think you spelled, 'the entire book community' wrong"

lol, it took me a second to get that but yes, I think I did!

Lance I just finished this a few minutes ago! I didn’t expect to love it nearly as much as I did.

Hamad Lance wrote: "I just finished this a few minutes ago! I didn’t expect to love it nearly as much as I did."

I am glad you liked it too
I think the writing is what makes it stands out the most

Helena of Sparta ✰ I’m so looking forward to reading this early next month! 😍 I’m glad that you enjoyed it so much!

Hamad Helena wrote: "I’m so looking forward to reading this early next month! 😍 I’m glad that you enjoyed it so much!"

I am sure you will love it too!
Looking forward to your thoughts on this one <3

Hiba Your summary is so on point. This book finished me

Hamad Hiba wrote: "Your summary is so on point. This book finished me"

Thanks! Glad you loved it <3

Faye* Great review for a great book! I absolutely loved this book but I haven't yet found the words to write a review yet...I may just link to yours ;P

Hamad Faye* wrote: "Great review for a great book! I absolutely loved this book but I haven't yet found the words to write a review yet...I may just link to yours ;P"

Thanks :D
I am glad you loved it too and feel free to do that ;)