Cherie 's Reviews > Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

Dec 08, 2011

Read from May 22 to 23, 2012

I really enjoyed this book. It was refreshing to read something paranormal that did not have vampires or shape-shifters in it. The plot was generally good although I thought it dragged a teensy bit in a couple of places. I was getting frustrated at one point that there were so many questions and no answers being given. I suppose that's how it was meant to be - to parallel Ethan's frustration. There were also a couple of scenes that were somewhat cliche and predictable (the school dance in particular)and one scene ((view spoiler)) that seemed particularly ridiculous.

I love love loved entire cast of characters - starring and supporting both. Many of them were really funny. The only character I didn't like was the villain (view spoiler). She was evil but her character wasn't really developed enough to be satisfying to me.

I still have unanswered questions
(view spoiler) but I'm guessing those will be answered as the series continues.

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will definitely check out the next in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Creatures.

Quotes Cherie Liked

Kami Garcia
“Any book is a Good Book, and wherever they keep the Good Book safe is also the House a the Lord. ”
Kami Garcia, Beautiful Creatures

05/23/2012

Skandia I enjoyed Beautiful Creatures, too! And yes, you will get all the answers in the second book :)