Liz (Quirky Cat)'s Reviews > Infinity Countdown: Champions #2

Infinity Countdown by Jim Zub

bookshelves: comic

Before even opening this issue I knew something serious was going to go down in these pages. The cover image shows Thanos holding Nova by the throat. Now this is clearly kid Nova, based on the fact that it’s a Champions comic…but the character looks disturbingly like Richard Rider here, doesn’t he? Perhaps that’s just wishful thinking on my part (I desperately want to see more of his character).
This issue…was intense. Our young set of heroes went up against two major Marvel villains, so naturally we knew the fight wouldn’t be easy. I won’t say explicitly what happens here, but it’ll make you stop for a moment.
Ironically the major moment for Nova happens after the battle is said and done. It’s the scene he was referring to in the beginning of this, where he mentioned how this is the story of how he lost everything. Now we finally know what he meant by that. Not sure what’s going to happen to his character next. I doubt they’ll drop his character from the Champions, but you never know. Maybe this is their way of coming back around to a whole new Nova plot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinity Countdown.

July 4, 2018 – Started Reading