Lindsay - Traveling Sister's Reviews > Our Homesick Songs

Our Homesick Songs by Emma Hooper

it was ok
bookshelves: traveling-sister-read, netgalley

2.5 stars. This simply comes down to a wrong book choice by me.

I can understand how so many love this book. The writing is unique – quiet and poetic. Unfortunately, it simply didn’t work for me - I couldn’t connect with the story or characters. The writing felt very distant and unemotional.

I encourage you to check out the many raving reviews out there for this novel.

Thank you to NetGalley, Simon & Schuster and Emma Hooper for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Our Homesick Songs.

July 4, 2018 – Shelved
July 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
August 5, 2018 – Started Reading
August 5, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Traveling Sisters Read! 💗"
August 6, 2018 –
August 7, 2018 –
August 7, 2018 –
August 9, 2018 – Shelved as: traveling-sister-read
August 9, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
August 9, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Sorry this book just wasn’t for you, Lindsay :( It happens. Just happened to me, too. Great, honest review!! xoxo

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen I completely agree with you, Lindsay. I didn't care for it either and didn't finish :-(

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Sorry this one didn't work for you. I hope you have much better luck with your next book!

message 4: by DeAnn (new) - added it

DeAnn Hope you find your next book amazing Lindsay!

Norma * Traveling Sister Sorry this wasn’t for you Lindsay and here’s hoping your next one is a great one! 💕

Marialyce Wishing you a five star read, Lindsay!

Angela M Sorry this didn’t work for you, Lindsay. Hope you love your next read!

message 8: by JanB (new)

JanB That Read Now button on NG was calling my name....ugh, sorry this wasn't a winner Lindsay.

message 9: by Jess☺️ (new)

Jess☺️ Great honesty Lindsay! I hate when it's said to be next best read and when it arrives from Amazon (that's how it works in my world) you can't wait to read it and then you do and end up thinking what was that I know that disappointed, I hope you're next read will make up for it and be fabulous 🤗

Cheri So sorry this one didn't work for you, Lindsay!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader I hope your next read is a winner, Lindsay! ♥️

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Thanks so much Karen, Julie, DeAnn, Norma, Marialyce, Angela, Jan, Cheri and Jennifer ! 💕

Lindsay - Traveling Sister And thank you Jess!!! 💜