Zeek's Reviews > Dancing on Coals

Dancing on Coals by Ellen O'Connell

Dec 08, 2011

bookshelves: alpha-hero, favorite-heroine, hist-rom, hist-rom-western, romance, uber-alpha-male, kindle, hist-rom-native-american
Read from December 08 to 09, 2011

I loved the heroine- so much strength, no shinking virgin this!- and intelligence? Wow, I so can get a female lead like this. And the hero, which the author did not compromise one iota, had me riveted.

I had tears in my eyes at one point and sat holding my breath at the next. I love a book that engages my emotions and rare are they that come around anymore.

Another thing- I thought the book was going one way until about 15% in and up till that point it was sorta meh for me, then a sudden turn left and I was hooked. If your a romance lover at heart- dont give up on this H/h, it takes them a bit to give in to their passion but I swear if you do, you'll get a HEA that'll make you heave a wistful sigh... just like I did. :)

One of those romances that will stick with ya!

Everyone's praising this story, as well they should. Read it and find out why!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing on Coals.

12/08/2011 page 2
0.63% "in the mood for a western..."
12/08/2011
13.0% "oh wow that was a twist i didnt see coming. This just got interesting."
12/08/2011
36.0% "Really liking this."
07/03/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) I liked how the author took her time building a romance. She allowed time to pass. The heroine had a background that made her attitude toward the immersion into the Apache culture believable. Loved this story! :o)

Zeek agreed! :)

message 3: by Baba (last edited Dec 10, 2011 05:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Baba  Nice review, Zeek! Wow, such a beautiful and emotional love story; a great heroine and such a wonderful hero! Gaetan stayed true to his character. Always. :)

Zeek Thanks baba- i need to add somemore about the plot but ive been lazy lately about my reviews....

Baba  Zeek wrote: "Thanks baba- i need to add somemore about the plot but ive been lazy lately about my reviews...."

I think it's long enough, Zeek! I love to write gushing reviews and they always get kind of very extensive! :)) But I think the most important thing about reviews is that others get a feeling what you were thinking about a story. The good and the bad stuff.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Zeek. Another great one for this book. I really need to read it... SOON!

Baba  Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "Great review, Zeek. Another great one for this book. I really need to read it... SOON!"

I second that, Jayne! Do it as soon as possible! LOL
I had to put it on my fav shelf b/c it is that good! :D

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Baba wrote: "I second that, Jayne! Do it as soon as possible! LOL
I had to put it on my fav shelf b/c it is that good! :D"

Thanks, Baba. I do really want to bump this up my TBR, but I have so many books that are in my really, REALLY want to read right now pile. Which is why I just put "SOON"! LOL Hopefully I can read this before the end of the year or early in the new year though!

Kristiej Wasn't this one grand? I am so impressed with her books

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) I've yet to read Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold. There are many positive reviews about it too. My crystal ball says I'll get to in in the near or far future. ;o)

message 11: by Zeek (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zeek I have Eyes in que too! :)

Kristiej I adored EOS,EOG too. I think I've already read it 4 times. The author write such great heroines, people you can really relate too. She also writes most excellent heroes too of course. I think you will both really enjoy EOS,EOG.