Carrie's Reviews > One Wedding, Two Brides

One Wedding, Two Brides by Heidi Betts

bookshelves: netgalley

One Wedding, Two Brides by Heidi Betts is the first book of the new contemporary romance Fairy Tale Brides series. I picked this one up because it’s no secret I’m a fan of the whole fake dating trope but I also found out rather quickly that this one was absolutely hilarious!

The book begins with Monica Blair busting into the reception of her ex-fiance Matt and his new bride. But not only has she crashed the party she’s done it after consuming a whole bottle of champagne and wearing her wedding dress, you see Matt didn’t bother to break things off with Monica before he married someone else and she found out from the announcement in the paper.

Ryder Nash is the older brother of the bride who is having her reception interrupted so he does what any caring brother would do and rushes Monica out of the event. Being a gentleman Ryder tries to take Monica where ever she needs to go but her drunken rant has now turned into a plan and Ryder is at the heart of it. Monica proposes that she need revenge and she needs Ryder’s participation.

Now one may ask why would the brother of the new wife help a stranger get revenge on his sister’s new groom? Well, because Monica promises him 50k to marry her temporarily and Ryder really needs the cash to save his ranch and it doesn’t hurt a bit that Ryder’s curiosity is skyrocketing about the man his sister married.

As I already mentioned it didn’t take long at all with this book to begin laughing and laughing some more. But shortly after the laughs came I really began to just love both of the characters in this one. Now of course I couldn’t help but want Monica to get her revenge, especially after hearing the whole sober story about Matt and Ryder was the perfect man to cross her path in her moment of need as he went above and beyond the Prince Charming persona with his every move. I would warn that the romance happens at a fast pace for those that prefer a slower build but the chemistry is off the charts between the couple from day one. I’d definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a fast paced, humorous but still steamy romance!

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Wedding, Two Brides.

July 3, 2018 – Shelved
July 3, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
July 3, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
July 6, 2018 – Started Reading
July 7, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Heidi Thank you, Carrie! As I mentioned on your blog post, yours is the first review I received for ONE WEDDING, TWO BRIDES & it totally made my entire weekend. I'm so pleased you "got" all the humor I tried to weave through and that you enjoyed my first Fairy Tale Bride. :D <3

Carrie Heidi wrote: "Thank you, Carrie! As I mentioned on your blog post, yours is the first review I received for ONE WEDDING, TWO BRIDES & it totally made my entire weekend. I'm so pleased you "got" all the humor I t..."

You are definitely quite welcome Heidi. I will say if I had gone to your lookup before I had picked up the book I would have expected the laughs a bit more... quite a creative bio you have. LOL

Heidi Carrie wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Thank you, Carrie! As I mentioned on your blog post, yours is the first review I received for ONE WEDDING, TWO BRIDES & it totally made my entire weekend. I'm so pleased you "got" all..."

Wha-wha-what do you mean "creative"? You don't believe I'm the daughter of a showgirl & a sheik? A size 0? Am married to Tom Hiddleston? Exactly what part of that do you find far-fetched?

JK ;) ROTF

Carrie Heidi wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Thank you, Carrie! As I mentioned on your blog post, yours is the first review I received for ONE WEDDING, TWO BRIDES & it totally made my entire weekend. I'm so please..."

Psst.... let you in on a secret, you give yourself away having two husbands.... on here it's Dwayne Johnson. LOL