Fanna's Reviews > Kiss of the Royal

Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga

72205668
Kiss of the Royal is a perfectly executed romantic-fantasy that highlights kissing as a romantic gesture by completely bashing it as a romantic gesture for the majority of the book. Yup, that takes talent!

The main idea of the story is this: a girl belongs to the royal family who has to protect her kingdom from the evil but the best power the girl has is her kiss so she has to select a guy who she can kiss and transfer the strength to him for him to become more powerful and kill the evil. You can read that again. And again. Yes, it can be a little...different from the usual fantasy plot lines which is why I picked it up. And to my surprise, a pleasant one for sure, THIS WAS SO GOOD!

The plot is well crafted and planned so as to not leave any loopholes. The fantasy elements are amazing with dragons, witches, dwarves and other evil creatures looming over the world. The characters are amazing and I instantly (as always) fell in love with the male protagonist at first line. Zach has officially made it to my list of book boyfriends! He's so ideological yet witty that it makes me want to do some witchcraft myself so he can turn from a fictional character to a real person. Ivy is my girl, I loved her so much! She's strong, smart, focused and just an amazing personality. And the characters grow through the story; their ideas change and they accept new beliefs so it was a good graph to look at.

But the best part of the book? It's ROMANCE! If I haven't convinced you to read this book in the last paragraph, I'm gonna tell you now: JUST. READ. THIS. And enjoy the slow-burn, gradually evolving tension-filled, nail-biting romance. As the title suggests, the kiss makes an important part of the entire story and while that's a good thing, it isn't that good when the reader suffers through sudden hyperventilation and eagerness to finally read about Ivy and Zach kissing...only to be disappointed because UGH. Though, the wait really pays off at the end! I don't even know if that's a spoiler or not, LOL. But seriously, just pick it up already.

I would recommend this book to any and every one who loves fantasy or romance or both or great character arcs or amazing plotline or just an overall really good book!

I received a copy of this via Netgalley but that, in no way, influences my rating and/or thoughts about it. Thank you Lindsey Duga and Entangled Teen!

LISTS OR POSTS I'VE MENTIONED THIS BOOK IN:

Five Books I Read in 2018 That I Didn't Expect To Love But They Now Hold My Heart

Blog/Website | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | Pinterest

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Royal.

Quotes Fanna Liked

Lindsey Duga
“The Legion thinks opening your heart to someone and trusting them with it is too much of a risk—well, I’m telling you, it’s worth it.” He grazed his knuckles against my cheek, and flipped a curl behind my ear. “You’re worth it.”
Lindsey Duga, Kiss of the Royal

July 3, 2018 – Started Reading
July 3, 2018 – Shelved
July 3, 2018 –
49.0% "This book is getting me out of my reading slump. THIS IS SO GOOD!"
July 4, 2018 –
56.0% "So Zach is my book boyfriend now and he kissing another girl is making me more jealous than Ivy can ever be."
July 4, 2018 –
77.0% "Can I talk about the excellent character development in this book, the excellent plot line, and the excellent romantic tension? Also, about the five star rating I'm definitely going to give to this book?"
July 4, 2018 –
99.0% "I just finished this and now I don't know what to do!!!! JUST READ tHIS if you're in dire need to characters you want to love and of a plot that surprises you!"
July 7, 2018 – Finished Reading