Jessie Seymour's Reviews > Harshville

Harshville by Olivia Wildenstein

bookshelves: arcs, review-copy, books-that-make-me-happy, net-galley

I received an ARC through Netgalley for an honest review

I gave this book 4 stars. Where do I being with Harshville? It was a lot. The central premise around this book didn’t really have me scrambling for my ereader, however, I figured I would give it a shot because I do really enjoy Olivia Wildenstein’s writing.

I’m not really a country fan, quite the opposite really, I will listen to anything but country music. So already this book was at a bit of a disadvantage. The bright side is that I didn’t actually have to listen to country music to read this book. If you are in fact a fan of country music, here is a book about a girl who really wants to make it in the country industry. Enjoy!

The book starts off with a girl named Angie wanting to enter into a music competition run by her idol, Mona Stone. And so commences a storyline that actually wasn’t as drama-filled as I thought it was going to be. I mean there was definitely drama, but I was actually expecting a lot more teen drama, but it was more real-life drama.

Enter Tennessee, a really hot new guy. Ten is a character I genuinely like. He isn’t just this mysterious bad boy that shows up and does nothing but brood. He legitimately has motivations and shows actual emotions. I feel like we just don’t get enough of that sometimes in YA romances.

I kind of feel bad for reviewing this right now since after checking out the release date, I found that it was pushed back. It’s not coming out for another year and a half-ish. 2020. So if you guys are in fact swayed into reading this by my review then I sincerely apologize because there will be quite a wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harshville.

July 3, 2018 – Started Reading