James's Reviews > The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure

The 10x Rule by Grant Cardone

M 50x66

bookshelves: favorites
Read 4 times. Last read January 5, 2019 to January 17, 2019.

I appreciate Grant Cardone's style. He is in-your-face, yet passionate. He kicks your butt, but in an encouraging way.

The point of "The 10X Rule" is that most people either (1) retreat from life's situations, (2) do nothing, or (3) do barely enough to get by. On the surface, doing "just enough" seems okay. However, if a person accounts for (1) random events and (2) emergencies, "just enough" won't cut it.

"The 10x Rule" -- for me -- helped me to change my point-of-view about life. I used to think that extreme -- or negative circumstances -- were random chance. Now, I think, (1) what can I do to avoid a circumstance like this in the future, 0r (2) what can I do in order to prevent that circumstance from hitting me as hard next time?

This book has forced me to look at my dreams and goals. I've realized that I've been setting the bar too low. Will I fail? Maybe. But me failing to accomplish a huge will mean more than not setting a goal at all and hitting it!

I can't afford to sit around and not do anything. I can't afford to do "barely enough."

One last note: this book is a fun one to listen to on audible; Grant's passion definitely comes through, and he's entertaining.

Keep an open mind and read/listen to what Grant has to say. Odds are, you'll take away at least one useful nugget of knowledge.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 10x Rule.

Finished Reading