Helen's Reviews > As the Tide Comes In

As the Tide Comes In by Cindy Woodsmall

F 50x66

As the Tide Comes In, by Cindy and Erin Woodsmall is an amazing heart touching story. Tara grew up in the foster care system and is now a mature adult. She recently was introduced to her half brothers and eventually raised them to wonderful, responsible young men. The brothers plan a trip to St. Simons Island to try to help Tara find out about her biological family. When tragedy strikes, she decides to go on the trip anyways.
I just love this story. The writing is so clear it is easy to imagine being there with Tara as she goes through all her trials. She is such a strong and caring person. With the addition of the characters in St. Simons Island, the author has given humor and depth to the story. Each of the characters are going through life struggles as well, loss of a spouse and father, being in an unloving marriage, and financial struggles. This story covers so many emotions, I wanted to cry for Tara and her brothers but laugh at the crazy things the gals on St. Simons Island thought up. This is a great contemporary story that will be loved by many.
I received an advanced readers copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah as part of the Cindy Woodsmall launch team. This is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As the Tide Comes In.

Finished Reading
June 1, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
June 1, 2018 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
July 2, 2018 – Shelved