Diane Saul's Reviews > Abandoned

Abandoned by Allison Brennan

F 50x66

liked it

When she was 9 Max Revere was left with her maternal Grandparents with a promise from her Mother that she would return. Max’s Mother, Martha, was a con artist who didn’t want to be tied down by a child. Now Max Revere is a successful book author with a true crime TV show. She has decided she needs to find out what really happened to her Mother. Sixteen years ago Martha abruptly dropped out of sight, stopped collecting her monthly allowance from a trust fund and the periodic postcards Max received stopped. Max is determined she won’t quit til she has an answer. Max is in for some unforeseen surprises.

This book caught my interest from the beginning. There was a great mystery with lots of twists. It is part of a series but could stand alone. I have one gripe. At the end it seemed to me the resolution to a dangerous situation was pretty abrupt. I think the author should have fleshed it out more. Up until this scene I was a 4* rating. Knocking it down to 3 1/2 stars. Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abandoned.

July 1, 2018 – Started Reading