Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)'s Reviews > Daughter of Deep Silence

Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan

liked it

I first heard of this book from YouTube and thought I would give it a chance.

It starts with a group of people on a ship that was attacked. Only 3 survived.

Frances was one of the only ones that survived that knew the truth and she wanted to set out for revenge for the death of her parents and her friend Libby.

Frances met Libby's father and took on the identity of Libby. This is where story turned for me. I was like, OK? SO they look so much alike that she just took on her the name of Libby and all of Libby's friends and family did not know the difference. There are no 2 people that look this alike and are not twins.

The story was okay but I felt like Libby (Frances) was trying to heard in the story. There were to many flash backs at what went on during the attack of the ship. We found out once that her family was murdered but she continued to tell the scene several times through the book. There were times that it through me off guard because I was not aware it was a flashback and then I would finally notice where the story was.

I did enjoy the concept of the book but I do think it could have been executed better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of Deep Silence.

July 2, 2018 – Started Reading
July 2, 2018 – Shelved
July 2, 2018 –
July 2, 2018 –
86.0% "I am enjoying this but I think I need to check out the front of the book again. I am not sure how one person can take the place another unless they were twins and I know that Libby and Frances were not related. Can someone help me out and let me know how they look so much alike that Frances can become Libby without the whole world and even family know she is not Libby?"
July 2, 2018 – Finished Reading