Lisa's Reviews > Abandoned

Abandoned by Allison Brennan

bookshelves: august-2018

Thank you to Minotaur Books for a copy of Abandoned for an honest review. Abandoned is the 5th book in the Max Revere series though it can be read as a stand-alone. This was the first book in the series that I have read but it will not be my last! I enjoyed the character. She is strong and smart though a little unfocused on other people and their feelings. She is a cold case investigative reporter but this time she is looking into a personal issue, the disappearance of her mother 16 years ago. Some of the first quarter of the book was a bit repetitive because Max had to explain her interest in old police files, why she thinks her mother was there, her mother’s connections, etc repeatedly to many people while starting her investigations. It was necessary to establish her case to many since it was so old but for the reader, it was a bit repetitive. I got more into the book once everybody learned of the case and more and more details came into view and it got more complicated. I really like how it was done and can’t wait to get into more of Max Revere’s cases and get to know her character a little better! Abandoned will be available on August 14, 2018.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abandoned.

July 2, 2018 – Shelved