Paris's Reviews > Playing Dirty

Playing Dirty by Amy Andrews

bookshelves: 2018, arc, hot-couple, must-read-series, romance

The Sydney Smoke series by Amy Andrews is a really great sports romance series. I highly recommend it to anyone, even people who aren’t big sports fans because the characters are a ton of fun and the sex scenes are beyond steamy. I’ve really enjoyed each of the books in the series and have been eagerly awaiting Valerie King’s book. The relationship, or lack of a relationship if we’re being honest, that Val has with her dad, the coach of the Sydney Smoke, has been an intriguing mystery that’s played out through the series. Although it’s a background story where we mostly see that Griff King is kind of a jerk and there’s obviously an issue between them, it still had me chomping at the bit to find out what their deal was.

Thankfully, we finally get some answers in Playing Dirty and boy is their story a doozy. While the relationship between Kyle and Val is the star of this book (and boy are those two smoking hot together), Val and Griff’s relationship is just as important. Their story made me cry. The way Val felt brought tears to my eyes. I was completely caught off guard by their tragedy. Watching Kyle, who was told to keep his hands off Val more than once, play the catalyst between them was pretty freaking great.

This book gave me exactly what I was looking for when it came to Griff and Val’s relationship. Kyle and Val were perfectly suited for each other. I would have loved to see more scenes with the gang, I do love getting to check back in with the previous books couples. I don’t know how many books there are going to be in this series, but I’m still holding out hope that we’re going to get a Griff and Eve book at some point. Now that Griff’s relationship with Val is on the mend perhaps he can act on the chemistry between him and his assistant.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing Dirty.

June 30, 2018 – Started Reading