Jhecca's Reviews > Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Dec 07, 2011

Recommended to Jhecca by: Gina, TFG
Read from March 07 to 10, 2012

I hate Hannah Baker. I don't find her 13 reasons quite reasonable for her to take her life. And I think the main topic of this novel, suicide, is quite alarming for a YA read. If you'll ask me, I won't recommend this book to age brackets who can still easily get influenced by what they read. It's scary to think that some kids may opt to kill themselves with the same reasons Hannah Baker have.

But her story does teaches us not to take other people for granted, or else it would be too late. Small acts of kindness are deeply appreciated and even well-remembered.
1 like · flag

Quotes Jhecca Liked

Jay Asher
“You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything.”

Jay Asher
“No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.”

“Soul Alone by Hannah Baker

there

Put me
underneath God's sky and
know me
don't just see me with your eyes
Take away
this mask of flesh and bone and
See me
for my soul

alone”

Jay Asher
“If my love were an ocean,
there would be no more land.
If my love were a desert,
you would see only sand.
If my love were a star-
late at night, only light.
And if my love could grow wings,
I'd be soaring in flight.”

Jay Asher
“You can't go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is...now.”

Jay Asher
“It's hard to be disappointed when what you expected turns out to be true.”

03/08/2012 page 54