Cyndi Becker's Reviews > International Guy: Paris, New York, Copenhagen

International Guy by Audrey Carlan

With a nod to her Calendar Girl series, Audrey Carlan kicks off her new series introducing us to "Dream Maker" Parker Ellis, and the dynamic trio at International Guy. Parker, Royce and Bogart promise to love, honor...err, no. These three are professional ladies men and their charter " No request is too demanding or too strange. As long as it’s not illegal . . . we’re in." leaves a lot of room for all sorts of mayhem. It's a wide open world and Internal Guys must travel.

Volume One opens with Parker visiting Paris and meeting Sophie Rolland. This chapter of the story sets the stage and what we should expect from Parker as he focuses on "Getting to the heart of what a woman truly wants is my job.". He is man who knows how to create a connection. Sophie needs help with learning to run her family business and Parker finds Sophie in his arms pretty darn quickly. Turns out what Sophie needs is something Parker knows how to bring out in a women, confidence. There are many suave ways to build that up. The story unfolds as a fast pace and while I just didn't feel it with Sophie, New York held a lot of promise.

Finding himself stateside Parker is hired to help actress Skyler Lumpkin with her desire to remain an actress. By now we've got a good picture of who Parker is, and Sky can definitely use his brand of help. While Paris was a 4 star read for me, NYC was shaping to be a 5. These two made my heart go pitter-patter and left me with a goofy grin on my face. I loved the steps Parker took with Sky. He reaches into her soul and shows her a new side of herself. He makes her see the joy in life and forges a bond with her. Carlan gifts us with Skylers viewpoint hinting that this bond runs deep and perhaps long.

At this point in Volume One I am completely bought in. I love the International Guys set up, the office and their backstory. We're getting to know all three of them and I adore their new hire Wendy and her mysterious beau. I'm ready to see what challenge Copenhagen brings.

Parker lands in Denmark and meets with Princess Mary, a mother looking out for her daughters best interest. Princess Christina's story is wonderful, and as Parker's involvement plays out we learn about tragedy, hopelessness and self destruction. Using all his resources and against her wishes, Parker cuts to the chase to help Christina find her way. This was a sweet and endearing as Crown Prince Sven bares his soul to the woman he loves.

Carlan weaves her audience into the story with her oh so clever name drops and the appeals to romance readers with her tribute to Sylvia Days' "Bared To You". As the volume closes out Parker finds himself hiding his truth that opens up a space for mayhem & mistakes and leaving us wondering what Milan has to offer, starting with Parker learning to walk the walk...I anticipate much angst and drama (YAY!).

*I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read International Guy.

June 29, 2018 – Started Reading