Petra's Reviews > The Garden of Small Beginnings

The Garden of Small Beginnings by Abbi Waxman

I really enjoyed this warm story of a young widow coming to terms with the concept of moving on, living her life and being truly happy again. I felt her pain and fear, her love for her lost husband, her desire to not forget him.
This story is told with warm & loving humor and looks at many issues: letting go, learning to live & be happy, first appearances, trusting oneself, accepting others into one's life and much more.
It's a warm & loving story. I was afraid it would be a romance but it's not; far from it. It's about Life.

Things I learned about gardening:
- the concept of 3 Sisters gardening: great stuff!....except that I don't like squash. But when I find a substitute I will attempt this. A great way to garden and (I believe) cut back on weeding & staking work.
- melon rinds will coax ants to the areas I want them and away from where I don't want them. I wage war on ants each year. I could use this to my advantage.....and with ants I can use all the advantage I can find....they have the upper hand.
- worm houses: must get one or more

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Garden of Small Beginnings.

June 30, 2018 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace Enjoyable review, Petra!

Petra Thanks, Diana. :D