DJ's Reviews > Most Likely to Succeed

Most Likely to Succeed by Jennifer Echols

bookshelves: books-read-in-2018, beach-reads, one-of-a-series, paperback, rom-com, young-adult

FOUR STARS...MAYBE FOUR AND A HALF for this book.

Maybe it's what I call the "third book effect"... By that, I mean, in most series, I tend to love the thrid book more than the first and second--this one is no exception. I already know the characters. I comfortable in the setting. I enjoy peeking more into the world these characters I live in.

So maybe that's why I have such deep feels for Kaye's and Sawyer's stories.

Kaye and Sawyer were voted The Perfect Couple That Never Was. Due to a miscount, it was given to Harper and Brody (in the last book)...but as the mistake came to light, it made this crush Sawyer had on Kaye unbearable and had Kaye considering what if...

Never mind that she had a boyfriend that she planned to marry. Never mind that she was voted Most Likely to Succeed along with said guy, Aiden. Never mind that this had been her one and only.

The drama in this book was teen angsty at its best. There were terse moments and sweet moments and it was just a great balance with a great story.

What I loved about this book, as opposed to the first two, was that Kaye and Sawyer didn't have a moment where it felt like their story was over. It didn't have that "ending after the end" this time. It's a personal thing, but I liked that so much about this one, so that when the ending hit, it felt right and perfect.

Again, it's a personal opinion.

I'd rec this one if you've read the first two books. I'd say read it as a stand alone, but then there might be some slight confusion about the people and places. But no matter, this one is worth a read.

DEFINITELY REC!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Most Likely to Succeed.

June 28, 2018 – Started Reading