Steph Su's Reviews > The Dark Mirror

2010935
Dec 07, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: own, to-review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Mirror.

December 7, 2011 – Shelved
December 7, 2011 – Shelved as: own
February 19, 2013 – Started Reading
February 23, 2013 –
page 87
15.51% "Marillier's writing is effortlessly fantasy-fluid as always but I'm not feeling a connection with the characters yet."
February 25, 2013 –
page 146
26.02% "I feel like I've been reading this for a while already but I haven't really gotten far into the book yet. Weird feeling that rarely happens with me!"
March 10, 2013 –
page 243
43.32% "Ummmmmmmm."
March 12, 2013 –
page 288
51.34% "I'm a lot less engrossed by this book than I was by her Sevenwaters books..."
March 14, 2013 –
page 316
56.33% "I like Ana and Ferada. Would rather be following their stories than Tuala's, sigh."
May 2, 2013 –
page 384
68.45% "Things are sure a lot more interesting now that Bridei and Tuala are within a few miles of each other!"
May 2, 2013 –
page 471
83.96% "Oh, I could strangle Dreseida. I could."
May 3, 2013 – Shelved as: to-review
May 3, 2013 –
page 561
100.0% "The last half of the book was definitely much more interesting (and faster paced) than the first. But this book is unforgivably slow. Let's hope the next ones in the series are a bit better."
May 3, 2013 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Keertana (new)

Keertana I can't wait to see what you make of this one! I haven't heard too much of it - it's one of Marillier's lesser known novels, it seems - so I'm really looking forward to reading your thoughts! :)

Steph Su Keertana wrote: "I can't wait to see what you make of this one! I haven't heard too much of it - it's one of Marillier's lesser known novels, it seems - so I'm really looking forward to reading your thoughts! :)"

I'll let you know how it goes! So far it's decent, but not blowing me away.

Kell Andrews I liked this series. The third one is the best -- really loved it -- but of course to get that far, you probably have to like the first two. You could probably skip book two and have no problem with three though.

Steph Su Kell wrote: "I liked this series. The third one is the best -- really loved it -- but of course to get that far, you probably have to like the first two. You could probably skip book two and have no problem wit..."

Oh goodness! That does not bode well for this series for me, if one can actually *skip* the second book and have the series be alright.

message 5: by Kell (last edited Feb 24, 2013 07:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kell Andrews Well, books one and three are more tightly related, and book two is more of a separate story. It's in a different location and it's less involved with Tuala and Bridei, who are sidelined characters in book two but prominent in Book Three.

Steph Su Kell wrote: "Well, books one and three are more tightly related, and book two is more of a separate story. It's in a different location and it's less involved with Tuala and Bridei, who are sidelined characters..."

Ahh, I see. Interesting. I guess I'll see how Dark Mirror goes for me and then I'll decide when/if I'll read the rest.