S's Reviews > Cowboy Casanova

Cowboy Casanova by Lorelei James

F 50x66

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** I really wanted to love this book since I adore most of the rest of the rough rider series. But this just left me sad. Reason being, in the end I didn't trust Ben and therefore I didn't know why Ainsley was with him. Trust, as Ben admits, is the bedrock of a Dom/sub relationship but he wasn't honest with Ainsley on several occasions. Also since he'd been a Dom for 8(?) years, I couldn't rationalize his physical "use" of Ainsley to teach her a lesson. And she just forgave him -- he was off the hook without having to put forth much effort at all. And in the end he kept lying to her.
Also the scene with Brandt, Dalton, Tell, Ben, Kane and Colt didn't ring true. Dalton and Tell were painted as mean, underhanded and spiteful in this book. I've never felt that about their characters before. Also Brandt, Dalton & Tell may not like their dad (ok, maybe they hate their dad) but I don't think any of them are dumb. They didn't have ANY suspicion where Colt might have taken their father who obviously had a major drinking problem. But they lashed out at Colt as though he did something wrong -- none of them even had a cursory thought that he might be helping their dad? Really?

There were other things about the book that I found curious and questionable but the whole book just left me sad and well kinda depressed.

I honestly don't know that I'll be reading many more rough rider books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy Casanova.

Started Reading