Olivia Farr's Reviews > We Told Six Lies

We Told Six Lies by Victoria Scott

bookshelves: netgalley-reviews

"We Told Six Lies" is an engaging YA thriller. Cobain is an 18-year-old loner- he doesn't have any friends, and he is OK with that. There were some events in his childhood that we slowly get information about that led him to be a body builder without any set program. His size tends to keep most people at bay. Molly is different- she wants to get closer to him. They have been dating for a while when Molly disappears.

Nothing seems to be adding up. The police keep questioning Cobain, but a letter is sent to her mother which implies that Molly left of her own free will. Cobain loves Molly and misses her constantly- he doesn't want the police to focus on him, because then they won't be finding Molly. He is unsure if she did run away- though the plan was to run together- or if something more sinister happened. Told in then and now perspectives, we slowly piece together the past and what is happening in the present. We later get more perspectives that paint a clearer picture- but we don't get the whole until the end.

In terms of thrillers, this was really engaging and kept me easily page-turning and nail-biting until the end. While I had predicted a few things, there were definitely twists and turns I did not see coming- and I love to be surprised like that. This book is a great twisty read that will suck you in from the get-go. I recommend for lovers of YA thrillers!

Please note that I received an ARC from the publisher through netgalley. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Told Six Lies.

June 29, 2018 – Shelved