Bex (Beckie Bookworm)'s Reviews > Watching You

Watching-You-Coming-Soon
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-2/7/18

"Watching You" by Shannon Greenland was a well-written page-turner of a read.
My first experience with this particular author and pleased to say it was a positive one.
Genre-wise I would place this in the Young Adult/New Adult category.
I'm undecided between the two as there is some mild content near the end the might lean this more towards the New Adult camp.
It's nothing hard-core and is really rather mild in nature but does stop this short of being a completely clean read.
What I did like about this particular content was how realistically it was portrayed rather refreshing and makes quite the change from the norm.
So moving on slightly; this was romantic suspense set in and around a prestigious boarding school. where our main girl Viola is attending on a scholarship that shes slightly fudged about on the application process to receive.
Here she runs into her new crush the gorgeous and Spanish Reil.
Almost instantly upon meeting Reil, she senses a deeper connection; but there are certain obstacles that seem to be standing in her way of a friendship the most important being the scholarship that Viola has acquired under less than honest circumstances.
There are so many parallels in her life that she can compare with Reil and this understanding and solidarity understandably brings her feeling much closer to her new friend.
So with her goals of school well underway Viola settles into her new academy life but it's not long before events for her start to take a rather sinister turn.
And with the added complication of mean girls and her well-hidden secrets becoming common knowledge.
Viola is not enjoying her senior year as much as she originally anticipated.
So I really did enjoy this a lot; Yes it was probably more romantic than overall suspenseful and was slightly predictable in some places.
But and here's the main kicker for me; I couldn't put this down and for the reason alone this deserves for me its whole five stars.
I actually started reading this at my bedtime with every intention of a couple of chapters and then getting some much-needed shut-eye.
Well, that was a complete wash-out; I ended up reading this all through the night and finished in one sitting, talk about bags under the eyes the next day.
And it was so worth it; "Watching you" in itself is not an overcomplicated story but it did deliver for me that thrilling excitement that I was actually looking for from this.
Managing quite easily to keep my attention throughout.
It has some great characters and so much to recommend itself making it a complete no-brainer in terms of would I recommend this.
And I think its safe to say I definitely would; this is one read that I am happy to give the green light to.
Thank You to the Author and Entangled Publishing for providing me with an ARC copy of "Watching You" of which I have reviewed voluntary.
All opinions expressed are entirely my own
WatchingYou
Reviewed By Beckie Bookworm
www.beckiebookworm.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watching You.

June 28, 2018 – Shelved
June 29, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult
June 30, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 16, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 26, 2019 – Shelved as: romatic-suspense

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Bex! :)

Bex (Beckie Bookworm) Thank you Zena 😘