Matthew's Reviews > War of the Worldviews: Science vs. Spirituality

Dec 06, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: brent-matt-bookclub, kindle
Recommended to Matthew by: Brent Hawley

Well, I think I can say that I'm glad that I read this. It was a bit over my head and challenged me to think deeper than I normally do when I read. I went into the book thinking that I would most certainly agree with the Spirtuality side of the war, however, I found myself agreeing more with Leonard in the science camp. I found Deepak Chopra's views too extreme and unsupported by substance to grasp hold of. My personal worldviews would probably be a slightly augmented version of the science view, I believe that the science that we have found can still have originated from the hand of a creator, God.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War of the Worldviews.

December 6, 2011 – Shelved
December 6, 2011 – Shelved as: brent-matt-bookclub
January 1, 2012 – Started Reading
January 3, 2012 –
January 3, 2012 –
11.0% "Interesting so far. I want to follow the spirituality line of thinking but am relating more with the science mindset. I think I'm wrong and that they can't coexist. It will be interesting to see how this plays out."
January 8, 2012 –
January 16, 2012 –
24.0% "This book is quite technical in some aspects, so far Deepak has not done a very good job convincing me that there is a lot of merit in his spirituality argument."
January 17, 2012 –