Lauren Aquino's Reviews > Daughter of the Pirate King

Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller

liked it

I'm a little late on this book, but I finally got around to buying it from Book Outlet for super cheap. I didn't have super high interests in reading this novel--the premise seemed a bit boring and I've never been one for pirates and such. I'd say the book was pretty much how I expected it to be, meaning it wasn't anything special.

I'm not going to lie, I don't even remember the main character's name. She was unmemorable. She wasn't clever like the synopsis claimed she was; she didn't have much in terms of unique personality traits, and she's exactly like other average YA fantasy characters. meh.

This is really all I have to say for this book because I completely apathetic and unimpressed by it. It's a typical YA novel with almost nonstop action that held no excitement for me. There was a bit of a magical element, which was unexpected, but it was poorly introduced and developed. It could have contributed greatly to the story had it been executed correctly. The romance is alright, but I didn't feel any spark between the characters. They were quite flat and predictable.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this novel unless you really like pirate novels or are looking for something that you've already read hundreds of times in YA :/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughter of the Pirate King.

June 28, 2018 – Started Reading