KarynH's Reviews > The Last April

The Last April by Belinda Kroll

The story of the war from a young girl’s point of view – An amazing story
The Author has gone to great length to show her prowess when it comes to telling a story. She has
told the story of the war from a different angle from our popular knowledge. While others bothered themselves with the events surrounding the death of the president, Gretchen had more pressing personal issues to deal with.
First the sudden appearance of a man. When she learned the man was from the confederation, she had more challenging issues to deal with.
I love this book, Belinda Kroll went to a great extent in exploring real historic ideas in telling this story. It makes this story very easy to relate to.
This book was absolutely interesting to read with its vivid description of war. This is a thought-provoking book that explores a lot of historical facts about American history through the period of war.
I love this book. I really find it interesting because it offered me insight as to the real events of 1865. It was easy to draw some facts from this well-written novel.
This book is written in simple English and can easily be understood by anyone above the age of 16.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last April.

Finished Reading