Lynn Brooks's Reviews > The Sheriff

The Sheriff by Sarah M. Anderson

Read 2 times. Last read June 25, 2018.

4 1/2 STARS!

Unexpected love at it's best! I've really enjoyed this entire series, but Sheriff Tim turned out to be one of my very favorites. I wasn't expecting it. I went into the book thinking he was a surly jerk ... but it didn't take long to figure out that he really had a heart of gold. Great characters, an emotional story of family and second chances and a sweet love story. Great read!

When Sheriff Tim Means of the White Sandy Reservation in South Dakota discovers teenage Georgey a guest of his lovely jail cell, he's at his wits end. The family that this kid has around is no kind of good influence, but the only other relative he knows of is his half-sister who hasn't been around since he was just a little tyke. He decides he'll try anything and gives her a call in Minneapolis.

Summer Collins has plans to teach summer school and have a summer vacation fling, but when she hears that her little brother needs her, she agrees to head to White Sandy as soon as possible. She plans to stay for awhile to get Georgey used to her in a familiar setting before she takes him back home with her, but sparks start to fly between her and the sheriff right from the start. Perhaps she'll be having that summer fling after all!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sheriff.