Movies, Shows,'s Reviews > Beneath the Lighthouse

Beneath the Lighthouse by Julieanne Lynch

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

Still getting goose bumps after reading this dark suspense-filled story. Julieanne Lynch weaved an incredibly intricate story of love, betrayal, and abuse with a twist of the paranormal and horror. This read gave me chills as Jamie's story/mystery unfolded. However, don't let the Irish lingo deter you from reading this. It took me a bit while to get used to it. It did lend to some difficult reading, but it was worth it.

Beneath the Lighthouse is no ordinary ghost story. Not only is this a tale of ghosts of the dead, this also tells the tale of ghosts of the living. It is a lot for a sixteen-year-old boy to deal with. The character development flowed from beginning to end. The descriptive world building gave me the feel of their lives in a small town in Ireland.

This is a ghost story that was filled with twists and turns that kept me guessing. The story itself created a haunting and eerie feeling as the mystery unraveled and Jamie continued to get closer to the truth.

I don't know... Beneath the Lighthouse is a haunting and emotionally charged story with many layers of secrets that grips readers at the heart. Yeah... This is not your ordinary ghost story... 😄 A definite must read if you like ghost stories. 😊

Reviewer: Jasmine

Disclaimer: We received a free copy for an honest review. All is my own opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beneath the Lighthouse.

June 15, 2018 – Started Reading