Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader's Reviews > A Collar for Cerberus

A Collar for Cerberus by Matt Stanley

bookshelves: 2018-summer-reads, arcs, 2018-reads, kindle-version, recent-favorites
Recommended to Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader by: *TUDOR^QUEEN*

All the Stars to A Collar for Cerberus! 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

This is a sleeper of a novel that deserves the praise and accolades I have seen showered on it thus far. Thank you to my friend, Tudor Queen, for the recommendation! I would not have known about this book otherwise.

A Collar for Cerberus opens with a college graduate stepping off a bus just outside a small town in Greece. He has traveled there, on a whim and far from home, to hopefully meet someone he has admired in his studies of English, Nobel laureate Irakles Bastounis. From the opening paragraph, I knew I stumbled into an exceptional read.

Not only does our main character meet his idol, he becomes his driver. Together they take on Greece in Bastounis’ dusty, vintage Peugeot.

What awaits the reader from this point on is practically indescribable as the two embark upon their journey. There are layers upon layers of things to ponder, sage words from Bastounis, and important life lessons learned along the way. I am keeping it short here because there is likewise a journey for the reader, and I want it to be completely yours as you experience it.

Overall, A Collar for Cerberus is an ode to Greece, its rich landscapes and history, as well as its beautiful people. A Collar for Cerberus is about living in the moment, and it is wholly engaging, enriching, and honest. At the end of it all, it was also resonant and affecting, and I absolutely loved it.

Thank you to Thistle Publishing for the complimentary copy. All opinions are my own. A Collar for Cerberus will be published on July 26, 2018.

My reviews can also be found on my blog: www.jennifertarheelreader.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Collar for Cerberus.

June 27, 2018 – Shelved
July 5, 2018 – Shelved as: kindle-version
July 12, 2018 – Started Reading
July 20, 2018 – Shelved as: recent-favorites
July 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister What a truly delightful review, and this sounds like a lovely read! So well said, Jen <3

message 2: by KAS (new)

KAS Such a lovely heartfelt review, Jennifer ;) How wonderful your friend recommended it to you! 😘

message 3: by Fred (new) - added it

Fred Shaw You’ve done it again. Another book I want to read as a result of your excellent review!

*TUDOR^QUEEN* Jennifer!!! What an utterly superb, excellent review! Glad you loved it also :-)

message 5: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Lovely review, Jennifer . Sounds like a good one !

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister wrote: "What a truly delightful review, and this sounds like a lovely read! So well said, Jen <3"

Thank you, Kris! I loved this book so much, so I’m grateful it came through! 💕

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader KAS wrote: "Such a lovely heartfelt review, Jennifer ;) How wonderful your friend recommended it to you! 😘"

Thanks, KAS! Book recs are always the best! ♥️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Fred wrote: "You’ve done it again. Another book I want to read as a result of your excellent review!"

Thanks, Fred! I think you’ll really like this one, too. 🐑

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Awesome review babe!! xo

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader *TUDOR^QUEEN* wrote: "Jennifer!!! What an utterly superb, excellent review! Glad you loved it also :-)"

Thank you, TQ! I am so grateful for your outstanding review of this book. It’s such a gem! ♥️

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Angela M wrote: "Lovely review, Jennifer . Sounds like a good one !"

Thanks, Angela! It was a special read.

message 12: by Jaline (new) - added it

Jaline Excellent review, Jennifer! Greece has always fascinated me so maybe cruising around with these two will help to satisfy my hunger to know more about the country and its people! :)

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Thanks, Jaline! Receiving a tour of Greece is definitely a side benefit to this book! 😊 There is so much here I think you would enjoy.

message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie I'd love to see Greece someday. This sounds like a wonderful read. Great review, Jennifer!! 😊

Norma * Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Jennifer!

Gina *loves sunshine* You had me at Greece!!!!! Great review!!!

message 17: by Brandice (new)

Brandice Wonderful review, Jennifer! This one sounds great! :)

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen Sounds lovely - great review, Jennifer!

message 19: by Kara (new)

Kara Hansen What a wonderful review, Jennifer!

message 20: by Antoinette (new) - added it

Antoinette Awesome review, Jennifer! It sounds like I would love it.

message 21: by JanB (new)

JanB Terrific review Jennifer. You've convinced me to add it!

message 22: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fabulous review, Jennifer!

message 23: by Julie (new)

Julie Sounds like my kind of book.

message 24: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Great review Jennifer!

message 25: by Bookworm (new) - added it

Bookworm Excellent review. I love books in which the reader is taken on their own journey! Sounds like a great read!

message 26: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Superb review Jennifer 😊

message 27: by Cheri (new)

Cheri You have piqued my interest with your charming review, Jennifer!

message 28: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Fab review Jennifer 😘

message 29: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Nice review Jennifer!

message 30: by Victoria (new) - added it

Victoria BEAUTIFUL! I'm not shouting, just excited and I can see why you thought I would enjoy. Thanks! ❤️