Kcduchess's Reviews > A Touch of Frost

A Touch of Frost by Terry Maggert

bookshelves: 2018, a-different-kind-of-world, five-stars, myths-and-magic-resurrected

A Touch of Frost has been waiting on my Kindle for a while, and finally, I had time to sit down and read it. I wish I had done it sooner because I loved it!

The fantastic story Terry Maggert has written drew me out of my book funk and made me fall in love with fantasy all over again.

Ravenwood is the physical center point of the story. An orphanage with cruel hidden history.
"Ravenwood had, for most of its existence, been a place of pain."
Loc 124 Kindle edition

The truth has been drowned, but it refuses to stay under anymore. Secrets of Ravenwood are screaming to get out.

A Touch of Frost is about good and evil, a fight of dominance that has been going on since the beginning of time. In this book, it is the good witches trying to keep the dark magic at bay. Things have been quiet for a while but Gideon Frost, a Ravenwood survivor, is given a task and he's got Sammie to help him.
"The only thing I know for certain is that there are a lot of voices crying for justice, and someone has silenced them with magic and murder. We have to make sure it ends with us Gideon, no matter what."
Loc 1796 Kindle edition

A Touch of Frost has many layers, and the story is told by multiple characters. But all this is done skillfully; Terry Maggert has written a story with excellent flow and alluring characters. Even the representatives of evil are written in a way that in spite of their horrid deeds, you enjoy reading them.

One thing that I enjoyed a lot was the world building. Although this is a fantasy, it has enough elements of the real world so that it could be true. There are no plot holes or inconsistency issues. Terry Maggert is a talented author, who has written a story with dark notes and a hint of hope. A Touch of Frost is one of those books that you just have to keep reading without taking a break until you reach the very last page. I can't wait to learn how the story continues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Touch of Frost.

June 23, 2018 – Started Reading