DJ's Reviews > Biggest Flirts

A FOUR STAR READ for me.

Teen angst? Yes.

Drama? Yes.

Fun? Definitely.

I was wandering the aisles of Book Stop, having finally found a book I'd been looking for and saw the big book called, "Most Likely To" by Jennifer Echols. I picked it up and scoffed at the cover. Pulled the information up on Amazon and read. Something about the way this read that had me sliding the book on the shelf and rolling my eyes.

Then the inner voice said, "Go ahead. Pick it up and read it." And I bought it.

And that's where my gut-feeling was right. Definitely worth a read.

Tia is the band-geek-slash-party-girl and really didn't care about doing much more than drumming.
Will is a drummer-slash-hockey-player who just moved to Florida from Minnesota and he's about to melt in the heat. They meet at an end of summer party, where Tia was on her way to being drunk and Will was just trying to stay cool. Two words: Meet and Cute.

What goes from there is a budding friendship...that turns into a mess of girlfriends, boyfriends, and flirtations. To the point that their senior class voted the two of them as The Biggest Flirts. (The titile!) I would say it's typical in a teen book, but the circumstances and the story are too fun for that. Way too fun[ny].

The only thing that stuck out as odd to me was what I'm going to call "the end before the actual end." What that means is that I felt like the story had a great moment to stop. Things were perfect. But then the story kept going a little further with drama and angst before the final, final ending. I enjoyed having more of the characters, but it wasn't wholly necessary. (After reading the second book, I feel that this is the author's style, so I'm cool with that. Plus extra moments with characters/stories I've enjoyed are a bonus.)

This is a DEFINITE RECOMMEND for me. Yes, read it. Don't question it. Don't look at the cover and think book 2's and this one should be switched. (Because I do.) Just pick it up, open it, and enjoy the FUN that this book is.

YES! READ!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Biggest Flirts.

June 19, 2018 – Started Reading