Kayla Brunson's Reviews > Kiss of the Royal

Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy, read-in-2018, arc

Thank you Entangled Teen for providing me with a copy for an honest review.

"When had I become someone who struggled with the difference between a kiss and a Kiss?"

So this was a new fantasy concept for me. Kisses are not something that is shared for pleasure between two people but used between royals during battle.

"Royal Magic exists in every Royal, but it lies dormant. A Kiss is what unlocks the magic in the Royal and allows one or the other to use that power."

While the concept took a while to get used to, it works! I just had to get used to so many kisses going on lol.

I liked Ivy quite a bit! She just wanted to what was right for her people and defeat the wicked queen. She was willing to self-sacrifice herself for what she believed and that really honorable. Zach was probably my favorite character of them all! He was sarcastic and funny while also being really heroic. Even while his beliefs were different from Ivy, he never conformed or doubted them.

There was quite a bit of action here and I loved seeing women fighting against men on the battlefield. Some things I couldn’t predict while some things I could. Some downsides of this book were that it could have been a little shorter. I did get a little annoyed with Ivy going back and forth with herself.

So while it’s not a favorite of mine, I can appreciate the concept and it was a good read!

Follow Books and Blends on:
Blog | Instagram | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Royal.

June 26, 2018 – Started Reading