Kate's Reviews > Baby Fever Promise

Genres: Romance
Format: Kindle
Date Read: June 28th-July 2nd, 2018
Rating: 3 Stars

So I'm not sure where to start with this review. I didn't love this book but I don't hate it either. It definitely got me all fired up when I see the mistakes both the hero and heroine made but I had a hard time getting on board with this book. I just kept thinking that certain things didn't make sense.

This couple made me go nuts with how bad they were with communication. They did not need to be apart for 5 years - it was so unnecessary! Yes, Luke should have opened his mouth about what he knew to give her a heads up but she also shouldn't have been so nasty to him and shoved him out of her life when he technically didn't do anything wrong. Trust is a huge issue, I get that, but she could have at least tried to understand where he was coming from. I understand being angry in the heat of the moment and not thinking clearly but when they spoke a few days later she had had time to calm down and think rationally. I think I felt bad more for Luke than Robbi!

"No matter how sexy he is, how well he calls to my senses with his mad inks and muscle, I'll never forget our unique pain. I'll never forgive him for hiding what he knew, for letting his father prey on us, or for abandoning me in the end."

What? Five years have passed in this story and I'm seriously baffled by her thought process here. I get that her mom twisted her thoughts around but I really am confused as to why she has jumped to these conclusions. Yes, Luke backed off but she basically PUSHED him out of her life. The only thing he can be accused of is not telling her what he knew before she found out herself.

Luckily, after a lot more drama and yet another huge misunderstanding and speed bump, they got things right in the end and were granted a fairy tale ending - which they rightfully deserved. Both of them.

I don't hate this book but I don't think I will be reading it again - it was certainly interesting enough to keep me reading but I just can't deal with the hero and heroine's issues with each other.

This review can also be found on my blog The Book Potato

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby Fever Promise.

June 26, 2018 – Started Reading