Cheryl Malandrinos's Reviews > Tumbleweed Christmas

Tumbleweed Christmas by Beverly Stowe McClure

Dec 06, 2011

Read in December, 2011

Jackie’s father is sick and they have no money for a Christmas tree, but she wants to do something special to surprise her parents and sisters. She knows her mother has told her that Christmas is the season of miracles, so what better time to go in search of one? She meets up with her best friend Daniel who is having troubles of his own. Together they go off to find their miracles and hopefully have a nice Christmas.

Tumbleweed Christmas is a heartwarming story of one girl’s desire to do something special for her family. Everyone else has pretty Christmas trees in their windows. What can she do to get a Christmas tree for her home? This book provides young readers with a perfect example of thinking of others. While Jackie would like to see a Christmas tree in her home, it’s because she wishes to bring her family joy during a difficult time. What’s equally nice is that though she is dealing with her own dilemma, she still makes time to help Daniel with his problem.

The lovely artwork provided by Bridget McKenna truly brings this story to life. From the freckles on Jackie’s face to the cherry printed apron her mother wears while dishing up cookies and more, the illustrations in this book will delight your child. They are the perfect complement to the story.

I can’t think of a sweeter tale of the season than Tumbleweed Christmas.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tumbleweed Christmas.

Beverly McClure Thank you, Cheryl, for a lovely review. I'm so happy you like my story. Your opinion is very important to me.

Cheryl Malandrinos It's a great book, Bev. It's so neat to see you writing for a younger group, even though I love your stuff for teens and tweens.