Energy's Reviews > My Life As A Pop Album

My Life As A Pop Album by L.J. Evans

54301934

My Life As A Pop Album has a much different tone than the first book in the series, it didn't wreck me, and I'm thankful for that because I'm still recovering from My Life as a Country Album.
This one follows Mia, Jake's younger sister.

While helping to organize an auction, in which her family is auctioning off her brother's car, she meets Derek, a singer in a band she's never heard of, but they instantly click. Derek ends up asking Mia to go with him cross country as they finish the band's tour.

With encouragement from her folks, she agrees, and Good Girl Mia is finally breaking out of her shell. Derek is completely smitten with her and it shows from the very start. But Mia carries around a lot of self-doubt from living in her brother's shadow. She also carries around a lot of guilt, and that combination just might get in the way of their budding romance.

I really liked these two together. I loved Derek's bandmates and the way they folded Mia into their embrace. I enjoyed watching Mia break out of her shell, learning to spelunk, and opening up to Derek and his friends. Each of the chapters works with an Ed Sheeran song, which is incredibly creative. Evans has done a great job with this series and I can't wait to start reading the next book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Life As A Pop Album.

June 23, 2018 – Started Reading