Heidi's Reviews > Pick Three: You Can Have It All

Pick Three by Randi Zuckerberg

The reason I picked this book up was because the title and premise of the book reminded me of what I used to say to my husband when I was a stay at home Mom (in the throws of some pretty intense physical pain, PTSD, anxiety, exhaustion, and depression without treatment): I can cook dinner, clean the house, grocery shop, manage the house....pick two. I have since been working with some Docs and am taking anti-anxiety meds, pain meds (but not the typical pain meds...meds for other things all together that for some reason has helped the pain)...and now I am able to work. Even with all of that help, working is incredibly exhausting. Now I tell him the same as above but with "work" added. Trying to do everything is impossible for me but I look around at others who seem to have it ALL together....house is clean, job is great, shopping is totally on point, dinner is made every night, and all is managed in the house....how in the hell do they do it.
Well, according to Randi, the aren't doing any of them well. If I were to gauge others with my abilities, I would agree. So now what?

She introduces her "Pick 3" idea...of course your lists might be different, but for her, she can pick three items from the following list: Family, Work, Fitness, Sleep, and Friends. What I loved about this idea is that even though you would follow the idea, all of the details were personal. I'm looking forward to coming up with my list and starting to ONLY focus on three things each day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pick Three.

June 5, 2018 – Started Reading