Mary Schmidt's Reviews > Broken Pieces

Broken Pieces by Martha Perez

liked it

Meaningful story, a must read, feel what the characters feel

The entire story is shattering to say the least. For me, it was a very slow read as this book hasn't had any edits done at all. The author was informed about this need, and she also told me that English is her first language. I had planned on not being so critical of errors in each sentence had it not been her first language, but that option wasn't on the table. That said, if she has this book edited, and I receive a copy, I will adjust my star rating accordingly. I don't want my review to be about the author, so here is my review of what the book meant to me. I was heartbroken countless times throughout. A book has to have a great storyline to elicit this kind of response from me and this book has that from the beginning. Although many bad things, horrible things, happened, I also read many loving and beautiful moments, hours, and days. Life isn't perfect nor will it ever be. This book is life! The protagonist wins in the end with a suprising ending as I was sure she would stay with the other man at the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Pieces.

June 24, 2018 – Started Reading