Sandy Reilly's Reviews > Pick Three: You Can Have It All

Pick Three by Randi Zuckerberg

bookshelves: adult, giveaways, nonfiction, inspiration, self-help

Randi Zuckerberg knows what it's like to feel like you have to do it all, and how there are never enough hours in the day to do so. She also acknowledges that a "balanced" life is a myth that even those who think they are accomplishing one are fooling themselves. It is physically impossible to successfully function in all aspects of life. Our current culture is too distracting, busy, and complicated to do so. Therefore, she suggests the concept of "Pick Three" -- each day, choose three aspects of your life that you are going to attack to the best of your ability. Everything else may get minor attention until it's their turn for the "pick three". Zuckerberg makes such a compelling argument with this notion of a deliberately chosen "lopsided" life that I made sure to mention (as pass around) this book at my most recent professional development summit. I am a mentor to other school librarians in my state and I felt that Zuckerberg's concept of Pick Three was just the gameplan they needed to accomplish the goals they are striving for in our profession. I have also shared aspects of this book with my husband, who (according to Pick Three) is working on a side hustle in real estate. I strongly feel that all professionals, regardless of experience or age, should read Zuckerberg's Pick Three: You Can Have It All (Just Not Every Day) and try to implement it in their own lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pick Three.

Finished Reading